Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 March 2017

Hydrogen Peroxide Experiment: COBRA Storm Shadow

Hydrogen Peroxide Experiment: COBRA Storm Shadow 











AMAZON LINK



Disclaimer: The below is a record of my experience. If you try it, it is entirely at your risk. You must not let your bare skin come into contact with Hydrogen Peroxide.





STORM SHADOW: BEFORE










































STORM SHADOW: BEFORE



























 














 As you can see my Storm Shadow figure has some yellowing from the chest area. It really annoyed me for the longest time so I decided to try hydrogen peroxide to see if I could turn it white again.












I headed to my closest dollar store to get some hydrogen peroxide. I was really excited to see the end results but I knew it may take awhile.




3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE




























I tried a bowl first was a little too big.





























I started this project late in November so there was not too much sunlight. So i think the UV index was not too high also. Thought why not give it a shot.




FIRST DAY






This Jar seems to work better





The sun was not out too much in the Winter so I had to watch the sun for awhile and where is was shinning around my house.









Yup all different places around my house. Always looking around for the best spots for more sun.




DAYS LATER


Work Window




I needed more sun and time and I work full time I could not monitor Storm Shadow all the time so I brought him to work. ( Yup I'm a dork! )




Still not enough Sun!







8hrs




Around this time Storm Shadow was showing some improvement but very slow. I just hoped the hydrogen peroxide would ruin my figure.




CHISTMAS




Christmas Time 




At this point I was getting a little doubtful. Storm Shadow was showing only little improvement. At times I was even wondering if the hydrogen peroxide was working at all.





Storm Shadow Hydrogen Peroxide Bath





More time in the hydrogen peroxide. It looked like the Cobra emblem was disappearing. So I guess it must be working. Yup I guess winter sucks for trying this out.





Yup Just a little lighter







Yup Summer





Storm Shadow Hydrogen Peroxide





At this time I was wondering how long it would take.




February 2017


I decided to stop the experiment. The Cobra Emblem looked like it was starting to fade also his


Black Light with Hydrogen Peroxide



I got desperate I was not really home too much to carry out the experiment. So I tried a UV light.




Bubble Means its Working Right?






MARCH 2017






I decided to stop the experiment. The Cobra Emblem looked like it was starting to fade also his Arashikage tattoo was starting to look faded or etching out.









I think the colour whitened just a tad but better than it was before. What do you think?




Back























Tats




















Any advise or tips would be helpful.

Here is one of the blog links I followed.

http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.ca/







STORM SHADOW: AFTER









































STORM SHADOW: AFTER











































SIDE BY SIDE 






















Don't Be Shy to Share and Comment









3 comments:

  1. oh you need to get a higher % peroxide , you have 3%there but you need to go for 10% or higher.You can go to the beauty supply places and get it or even get a mix to make a paste that will make it a lot whiter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and with the higher % you should see change in days not months lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess this was a fail for me😱. I'll try 10% hydrogen perioxide on my next test figure 😁🍾

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...